Monday 4 January 2016

simulation - How to change the top directory in LTspice?


I installed LTspice in C:\Program Files, and when I go to "search components", the top directory is C:\Documents.


How can I change my top directory?


LTSpice component selection - top directory



Answer



You can add additional paths/folders/directories by going to Tools > Control Panel


LTspice XVII Tools Menu



Then select the Sym. & Lib. Search Paths tab.


LTspice XVII Symbol and Library Search Paths


Since you are trying to add paths to symbols, add the paths in the top textbox:
Symbol Search Path[*]


Multiple paths can be separated on new lines, or by semicolons ; (which will be converted to new lines after closing the window).


If a path does not yet exist (perhaps you made a typo) then LTspice will ask if you want to include them anyway. Note that if they don't yet exist, they will not show up in the directory selection drop-down list.


If all goes well, you will see your new paths in the list:


LTspice XVII - Select Component Symbol - Top Directory


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...