Saturday 30 January 2016

motor - RPM counter using 8051 microcontroller


I am building a RPM measurement unit using 8051 micro controller. I want to measure RPM of AC motor. I have connected proximity sensor to get the pulse for each turn.


I have connected the proximity sensor output to the counter of micro controller. And I am calculating the 1 sec delay using Timer.


For each second I am calculating the RPM = pulse count[counter value] * 60.


Ex: If pulse count = 16, I am getting RPM = 960 r/m If Pulse count = 17, RPM = 1020 r/m.


Here I am getting difference of 60 r/m.


Using the above method, I can't measure RPM of 1000 r/m. Since pulse count * 60 will not be 1000 at any given point of time.


Please advise me how I can measure RPM in precision manner.



Thanks Umesh




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...