Saturday 30 January 2016

arduino - Why does my circuit work on a breadboard, but not on a perfboard? I am new to soldering


I'm a total beginner when it comes to soldering, and recently I've been trying (and failing) to solder together a simple circuit I put together for a Raspberry Pi sensor.


circuit on a breadboard


Although it works fine on the breadboard, when I solder it onto one of my perfboards, the sensor no longer turns on.



Circuit on a perfboard


Here is a topdown view of my soldered circuit:


Connections


Here is a view of the connections (the red block is just covering up old connections from past attempts):


Connections


More pictures of the connections.


What might I be doing wrong?



Answer



Everyone here is right. The perf board you are using does not contain the connections between pads like the bread board. If you got rid of the solder mask you would see something like this: enter image description here


You have to make the connections manually or buy this type of perf board. Notice how it has the connections made in copper?



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...