Thursday 7 January 2016

transistors - Resistor values for a Voltage- Controlled Current Source Circuit


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


Hi Folks,


During my bachelor thesis, I am learning IGBT gate driver cricuits. I am struggling with understanding the following circuit. It is a current sourcing part of a IGBT gate Push - Pull driver and it's sinking part is a replica of it with analogous P-Type devices. I am simulating only the current sourcing part to learn the current control mechanism of this gate driver.



Functionality:


The voltage at Vin is adjusted in such a way that V- = V+ = 5V, so that OpAmp always operates in linear mode. For example, 5A at output >


if Rf = R1, (15 - Iout) - V+ = V+ - Vin


Vin = 0


My problem is:


why a negative voltage supply is being used to maintain a specific negative voltage on Emitter of Q1 ? and How the values of Re1 and Re2 can be calculated?


Thanks in advance for your analysis.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...