Saturday 4 January 2020

Fused disconnect for 3 motors



I want to know one thing about a fused disconnect. If it's fused for a certain amount of current, would you be ok with not adding additional fuses to protect your loads?


If you have a 30 A fused disconnect and you have 2-5 hp motors and 1-3 hp motor it sounds to me like you might need to add fuses to protect each motor?


I know that for my application since my hp total is less then the 20 hp max that you can have for that disconnect at 480 V. I'm not in any trouble of tripping that breaker.



But would the motors need fusing still?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...