Tuesday 28 January 2020

design - How to build a custom laptop computer with original chassis, keyboard, etc?



I'm interested in building a custom laptop computer with the hope of being able to sell it and make a profit. The only problem is I have no idea where to start. I have an idea for a laptop chassis which is very different than what you're used to seeing. I'm looking to design it in a CAD program. I will also need to be able to design the keyboard, which will also be of an unusual shape, the monitor, and the rest of the hardware. I will need to be able to manufacture it, or find somebody who can take my designs and build it for me.


How do I go about getting started? Any suggestions? I need suggestions for:




  • Possible manufactures

  • CAD software

  • How to do computer engineering using off the shelf components


I'm a software engineer by profession, so all this hardware stuff is alien to me. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...