Saturday 18 January 2020

batteries - Higher current draw from powerbank?


I have a powerbank with a 20,000 mAh capacity, from which I can power different devices.


The devices include an LED strip and a Raspberry Pi Zero W (RPI Zero W).


The LED strip consists of 60*5 LEDS = 300 LEDS, and will roughly draw 4.5 A with 50% PWM.


The Raspberry Pi requires about 170 mA.



The powerbank has 3 output ports, one capable of drawing 2 A, and the other two capable of drawing 1 A.


Would it be possible to somehow extend the current draw from these USB ports? I could put them in series, such that I would have one port with 4 A, but how would that affect voltage? I need to power both my Raspberry Pi, and the LED strip.


Would the USB port be able to handle such a high current draw?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...