Friday 8 June 2018

microcontroller - current sourcing by MSP430F5438A-EP MCU


I am using the MSP430F5438A-EP microcontroller. I wanted to know the max current that could be sourced by this chip. The datasheet is -Datasheet.


The data given in page 38 states - Diode current at any given pin = 2mAmps. The diode, I believe, is the protection snubber circuit in each GPIO. Right ? Hence, I am safe in assuming that each pin can source a max of 2mAmps ?


Absolute rating.



Answer



No. That's how much current will destroy the voltage protection diodes if a voltage above or below the maximum values is applied to a pin.



The maximum current available is described on page 44, in and just below the "Outputs – General Purpose I/O" tables.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...