Tuesday 12 June 2018

Is there an easy way to test if my PS/2 -> USB adapter is passive?


I own a couple of PS/2 to USB adaptor/converter connectors that look like the following:



Is there anyway to test if these adapters are passive without disassembling them (or risking damage by disassembly)? In all likelihood, they are passive as the active converters usually have a chip of some kind embedded in a cable to actively convert the protocol.



Answer



We pulled apart one of those and it's all wire or passive. The mouse that they come with must detect what it's plugged into USB or PS2 and do the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...