Saturday 16 June 2018

Altium Error? What is this reddish box?


I've been to a couple introductory Altium trainings and everything goes fine and dandy. This is the actual first board I am working on by myself. I've been learning so much just by doing stuff myself but there is something that I can't seem to quite understand.


Whenever I transfer my schematic to the PCB is is placed inside this reddish box, I believe it is a Room. All the examples I saw during training didn't do this. And if I move the components outside the box they turn green (DRC error maybe?)


Does anyone know what this means?


http://i.imgur.com/wtxbh.png



Answer



That is indeed called a "Room".


Rooms are relevant if you're doing multi-channel design, as they let you copy the layout between channels.


It's also completely normal.



If you want to disable it, it's very easy to do:



  • Click the room -> PCB Inspector panel -> uncheck "Rule Enabled" checkbox.
    enter image description here

  • "Design" menu -> "Rules" menu item -> In the tree: "Design Rules" -> "Placement" -> "Room Definition" -> uncheck all the "Enabled" checkboxes.
    enter image description here


Alternatively, you can just delete the room, but it will come back next time you synchronize the schematic to the PCB.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...