Monday 18 June 2018

transistors - 4-20mA current loop - transmit sensor reading


I am working on design loop current transmitter- to transmit reading value from thermocouple sensor using below design. I measured co-junction temperature using NTC instead of RTD.


During applying supply and connect load resister 500 ohms at Vloop-, the current flow 4-20mA when input is 0-100 degree. My co-junction reading start to increase from 25 degree to 27 degree.


My problem was when applying supply, BJT bc548 heats up when sensing current. It makes Co-junction temperature increases then my input temperature reading is not accurated.


I try to place NTC near input terminals and all the circuit is inside the small closed case. wherever I tried to place NTC, my co-junction reading still drifting from the heat of BC548.


I wonder Is there a away to reduce BJT heat during sensing the current?


current loop design




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...