Saturday 9 June 2018

Controlling multiple motor drivers with one Arduino


I have one Arduino and I need to be able to control five to seven 12V motors that each draw about 4 amps.


Would I be able to use four Sabertooth 2X5 Regenerative Motor Drivers for this? Each driver controls two motors and takes a 0-5V analog input. Would I be able to connect the input ground (for analog input) all to the same GND on the Arduino, and then individually connect each drivers' analog input to a PWM-capable Arduino output pin? Would that work? I'm a bit new to electronics, specifically linking multiple circuits like this.


Thanks for your help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...