Wednesday 6 June 2018

Body Diode of a MOSFET



So for some MOSFETs, specially with Power MOSFETs, the body diode is a flyback diode that (as far as aI can tell) can be conveniently added to the MOSFET's bulk as there already PN junctions (correct me if I'm wrong).


I've looked at the datasheet of a Power P-MOSFET and it has parameters like "Internal Source Inductance" and "Internal Drain Inductance". So, is the build up of reverse voltage on the source and drain sides, when said MOSFET is suddenly turned off, a behavior intrinsic to (at least some) MOSFETs? Or are these from the rest of the circuit, say inductive loads?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...