Monday 27 June 2016

embedded - Which startup file should I use?



Bundled with "Standard peripheral library" for my STM32F2 chip, are "startup" files startup_stm32f2xx.s. There is actually 5 different startup files, in five different folders:


MDK-ARM, TrueSTUDIO, iar, gcc_ride7, arm


I am assuming that each startup file is specific to the IDE used. I am not using an IDE. I simply use OpenOCD and GDB. Which of the 5 startup files should I use? What is the difference between the files?



Answer



The startup files are particular to a compiler, not particular to an IDE. The files are all fairly close, and my guess is you're using GCC, so the gcc_ride7 is probably closest to what you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...