Tuesday 7 June 2016

basic - Time delayed deactivation of a circuit



In a simple electronic circuit with a momentary switched LED (or bulb, tube etc.); what can be done to trigger the LED for several seconds before proceeding to break the circuit?


In other words; I want one quick press of the button to activate the LED, and also deactivate it automaticslly after x amount of seconds; just as if I'd been holding my finger on the button the whole time.


I probably didn't explain it very well, but I'm sure it should be easy to infer my meaning. FYI; I'm just trying to teach myself how to build basic, practical electronic circuits by tinkering with a breadboard.


I know it's pretty simple stuff; but at the moment, the configuration basically looks like this:


simple circuit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...