Sunday 19 June 2016

Can I use an Arduino as a USB to serial interface?


I have a BluRay player that can be programmed by accessing to a serial console, as described here.


I have an Arduino (a Seeduino, actually), that has a USB interface. According to Arduino's documentation, pins 0 and 1 are RX and TX. Do these pins bypass from what the computer sends? Can I use the Arduino as a USB to serial interface for what I need?



Answer



Take a look at this post by Ihsan Kehribar: Using Arduino as serial to usb converter


In this post it is shown that you can use the FTDI chip on the Seeeduino as a serial to usb converter, you just need to run a simple sketch to make sure the AVR does not interfere with the RX and TX lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...