Monday 27 June 2016

arduino - Software alert when doorbell rings. Doable?


I am looking for a way to send alerts to my Linux laptop each time the doorbell rings to avoid those unpleasant times when a visitor ends up waiting minutes outside my door when I am alone and have headphones blasting full volume, rendering my doorbell-hearing powers useless :x.


Now, I am relative noob to all things electrical, which this project will most definitely involves. My brief search on Google indicated something called Arduino holds the key for me. So, would love some pointers as to whether such a thing is doable, and if yes, how should I proceed?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...