Saturday 3 January 2015

microcontroller - I2C busy flag strange behaviour


I've been using STMCUBE combined with Keil for some time now. For most part I like the HAL library and the documentation for STM32f1xx drivers is quite good.


I'm doing a project where I am using STM32f103rb Nucleo card combined with an MPU6050 gyro/accelerometer. I use code generation tool STM32CubeMX in order to generate initiation function. However when I want to implement I2C I have a strange problem. STM32Cube generates all necessary initiation steps, handle is set up then GPIO pins set as OD, then finally the clock is enabled using the macro __HAL_RCC_I2C1_CLK_ENABLE(), however when this macro is run within the HAL_I2C_MspInit, the I2C busy flag seems to be set, and is not cleared, hence I can't communicate with the MPU6050 device.


I noticed that if I put something (for example a measuring probe) on the SDA line while macro __HAL_RCC_I2C1_CLK_ENABLE() is run, the busy flag is not set and my I2C communication works until I reset the micro controller.


Another(better than putting a physical probe?) way that seems to work is that after macro __HAL_RCC_I2C1_CLK_ENABLE() is run, I use macros __HAL_RCC_I2C1_FORCE_RESET() and __HAL_RCC_I2C1_RELEASE_RESET(). This way my I2C communication works fine.



I think it's strange and I can't really explain the behaviour. But since I added the force reset and release reset macros, I haven't had any I2C problem, it works perfectly.


Let me know if I need to share some more code.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...