Friday 3 October 2014

ac - Why does my laptop charger beep?



My laptop charger is a 110-220V AC to 18.5V DC. Of late, or maybe I just heard it now, it makes a beeping noise. The noise is very very low. I have to put my ear to it to hear it.
The charger works just fine, and the proof is that I am posting this question while using the laptop on pure AC.
I did my research on the internet and people say that this noise comes and their laptop stops working and the charger won't charge. My initial guess is that it is the step-down transformer inside that maybe the cause. I use the laptop for light use.



  • Is this beeping harmful?

  • What could cause the beeping?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...