Wednesday 22 October 2014

diy - How to get 20 V from a USB-C charger?


I want to power my DIY stuff with a MacBook Pro USB C charger. The label on a charger says that it can provide three different power profiles: USB-C charger specs



  1. 20.2V - 4.3A

  2. 9V - 3A

  3. 5.2V - 2.4A


There is a ton of information about what USB-C power distribution is capable of, but I can't find any examples of how exactly to do it.


Is there an easy way or workaround to request one of those power profiles without using a microcontroller?



For example, I got apple MacBook Pro charger, apple USB-C cable, and a breakout board like this one: USB-C simple breakout board




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...