Friday 3 October 2014

Total resistance with resistors bridging two branches


I know how to calculate resistance in parallel and series connected resistors, and how to reduce most circuits to these, but I missed my lecture on cases where you can't just reduce the circuit to series and parallel and now I'd like to catch up...


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab



How to calculate total resistance between A and B in such case? R5 rains over my parade because I don't know a'priori which direction current will travel through it, and I don't know how to transform this into something I'd know - I could try to calculate potentials at points p1 and p2, to get the current that flows through R5, except that current modifies these potentials...


How do I solve a circuit like this?



Answer



I think you can try Y-Δ transform, transform half of the upside or downside 3 resistors to "Y", then it'll be easier to analyze.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...