Monday 8 September 2014

Why does capacitor voltage lag current?


So far I've established the following:


Current is the movement of charge over time, measured in coulombs/second.


Charge is the electron in an atom.


Voltage is the potential difference between two points and the energy per unit of charge.


Still, I don't understand why this happens:


Voltage versus current in capacitor


How is it possible that at time t=0 the current is present in an RC circuit without the potential difference? What caused the charge to flow in the first place?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...