Monday 1 September 2014

I need help understanding constant voltage model for diode


So I'm confused about the constant voltage model (which assumes diode has .7 volt drop).


In the pic below, I'm confused about the third case. What if the voltage source has voltage less than .7 V but the diode is in forward bias? Does that mean it's open circuit and hence the voltage drop across the diode will equal that of the voltage source? (In the last two cases---in the circuits to the right--I just made up numbers to illustrate the concept)


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...