Thursday 25 September 2014

breadboard - Soldering SOT-23


I'm working on a DYI battery monitor project and the possibility of using an INA169 came up. That's a SOT-23 packaged component.


I have minimal soldering skills so I'm looking for some advice:


Can I solder this with 0.031" solder? It's the skinniest I have.


What kind of board do I solder it to? Currently I'm breadboard only.




Answer




Can I solder this with 0.031" solder? It's the skinniest I have.



0.031" is a bit fat for soldering SOT-23-5, but you may be able to do it. I would recommend 0.015" .



What kind of board do I solder it to? Currently I'm breadboard only.



The sort of board that you solder an SMT component to for breadboarding is called breadboard adapter. See old threads: this and this. Breadboard adapters for SOT-23-5 are not hard to come by (this and this for example).


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...