Tuesday 2 September 2014

LTspice default rising/falling times of pulse edges



enter image description here


Above is how I set up a pulse in LTspice.


When I set the rising and falling edges as zero or if I do not register any value, in that case LTspice automatically sets the rising and falling edge duration. In above case it is 25ms for a 2Hz pulse. So if I want a very sharp pulse I have to each time type something like 0.0000001 instead of 0.


Can there be a reason for this default settings or is this a bug?



Answer




is this a bug?



No.




Can there be a reason for this default settings



Yes. This is explained in this FAQ on the LTwiki website:


I have a pulse source in my schematic with zero transition times. LTspice only shows slow transition times of 2ns. What's going on here?


It explains:


LTspice automatically will use a default value for and if these parameters are set to zero. Default value: 10% of Ton or 10% of Tperiod-Ton whatever is smaller. You must specify Trise and Tfall if you want a certain value.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...