Friday 23 May 2014

Value is a duplicate in Altium Designer BOM


I'm using ActiveBOM in Altium Designer 19. My design has 100k 5% resistors and also has 100k 1% resistors. ActiveBOM gives an informational warning (an "i" with a white circle around it) that the value 100k is a duplicate. I'd like to clear this error.


I'd guess there's a way to suppress this error in Project Options, but I don't want to do that because finding duplicate parts is a good feature.


I could also change the 'Value' field of one of the parts, but that doesn't seem right because they both actually are 100k.


I guess I could change my use of the resistor value field to include the tolerance, but that seems like it might mess up simulation (which I haven't started using yet).


What's the best way?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...