Saturday 17 May 2014

switching - Detecting state of LED to control another circuit



I need to add functions to equipment I am not allowed to modify in any way. To do this I need to monitor the status of a Yellow/Amber LED and translate its status into a signal that can be used to turn on or off a loud alarm speaker. I will use a klaxon for the speaker. My issue is that I only want to detect the light from the LED and not have sunlight or florescent lighting turn on the speaker. I would like to be able to still see the original LED, but if necessary to cover it, I could add another LED to the device. I would power from either 5V, 12v, or 24v dc. Any help would be great. Once I get some ideas, I will experiment if necessary.
Thanks, Bcrumb




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...