Sunday 11 May 2014

infrared - How to use 8 IR recievers that when one of them sense IR turn on a LED?



I wnat to use 8 IR sensors (4 on front of vest, 2 on back and 2 on headband like lazertag vest) that when each of sensors hitted by IR, turn on a led. I don't want to use any microcontroller so a simple circuit is what I want. I can achieve this by one IR reciever but I want to use 8 sensor. Help me please.enter image description here



Answer



Sorry, but your schematic can be considered only to be a concept drawing without any actual circuit details. As a drawing of an electronic circuit it's never going to work.



I bet you are not gaming in darkness. In daylight or under lamps there's plenty of other IR radiation which your circuit must be able to ignore. You need a recognizable modulation in the transmitted IR. Your receiver must be able to filter what IR radiation detectors (photodiodes or phototransistors) output, recognize the right code and trigger the action that is wanted. Detecting only the IR radiation strength needs full darkness.


I recommend you to search for IR remote contol receiving ICs such as TDA8160 by SGS-Thomson. It can have several IR photodiodes in parallel. It detects no special complex codes, only pulses which have high enough repetition frequency.


A little more sophisticated signal is used in IRM-2638T by Everlight. It needs pulses which have the right frequency. The sensor and pulse frequency detection circuit are integrated, so you need many of them for one person. But the outputs are easily combined.


If you search a little, you'll find more.


BTW. Your schematic shows that you need a competent partner for circuit details and tests.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...