Friday 9 May 2014

microcontroller - How to reduce spike in Power Supply and GND (SCR + Ignition Coil)


My circuit: enter image description here


Signal coupled in power supply (3.3V) of STM32F103 during spark:



enter image description here


enter image description here


Is there any benefit to using this diode (circled in red) or not (without this diode the snubber circuit will start working)?


What is a better solution/topology to avoid noise and maintain the spark efficiency?


My doubt is:


If I use this shown configuration, is it more difficult to cut-off the SCR (maintain hold current for a long period) and can it disturb another part in circuit?


I use an automotive sparkplug resistive cable with 4K ohms and a earth strap to connect the engine with ignition coil GND (frame).


The diode D4 is relevant during the C3 charging, is it a necessary solution or does it not make a big difference in this circuit?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...