Thursday 7 March 2019

spi - What is dual/quad I/O?


Reading an SPI Flash datasheet, I encountered the concepts of "dual I/O" and "quad I/O". At first I thought that "dual I/O" was synonymous to "full duplex", but then what is "quad I/O"?


What is dual I/O and quad I/O, and how do they compare do duplex and full duplex?



Answer



A multi I/O SPI device is capable of supporting increased bandwidth or throughput from a single device. A dual I/O (two-bit data bus) interface enables transfer rates to double compared to the standard serial Flash memory devices. A quad I/O (four-bit data bus) interface improves throughput four times.



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...