Sunday 24 March 2019

charge - Question about Coulomb's law


I am just very confsed about how to do these sort of questions where they give you a point in the middle of two charges. The farthest I've gotten in questions relating to coulomb's law, is using the formula \$F = {kq_1q_2 \over d^2}\$ to work out one of the unknowns when given two variables. Can someone please explain how you would do a question like this:


Two point charges of charge -2 µC and -3 µC respectively are separated by a distance of 15 cm. Point X is positioned at an equal distance away from each of the charges.


    a. Determine the net electric field at X.

b. Find the point of equilibrium between the charges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...