Monday 18 March 2019

resistance - Why am I not dead after repeatedly touching a high-voltage source?



While playing with mosquito racket in my home, I unscrewed the racket and touched the 2 wires with my hands. I felt that my bones were dislocated, I got shocked, but I am not dead.


My calculations say that I should die:


the output voltage is 5 kV to 10 kV, my body resistance is approx. 50 kΩ, the current through my body is 0.1 A if 5 kV to 0.2 A if 10 kV.


According to the table at https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.html I should die; I tried this many times but I am still alive.


I think my interpretation regarding current, voltage and my body resistance is wrong (if right I would be dead by now) - please tell me why I am not dead?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...