Tuesday 26 March 2019

audio - DSP recommendation for beginners



I am considering a project involving a fair share of digital signal processing. As far as I know, the best type of IC suited for this are the Digital Signal Processors. I have never worked with them before - can you recommend me any model that is simple enough for beginners? The project involves filtering hi-fi digital audio (44100Hz, 16 bit stereo) in several ways.


Also, do I need an additional uC to for example control an UI with an LCD panel and some buttons, or can the DSP handle this along its signal processing task?



Answer



A couple good beginning DSP's are the C5505 DSP from TI and the C6713 also from TI. I like the first cause it is only $55.00 and I like the second because there are whole books written around the chip (Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the C6713 and C6416 DSK ) Most Dsp evaluation boards have built in support for LCD's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...