Monday 1 October 2018

fpga - System Generator: How to configure the CORDIC divider block?


He all, I was wondering how should be the parameters fo the CORDIC divider block in order to get proper results. In this example I´m trying to get 0.1/0.2 = 0.5 but I don´t get it and I don´t know why? Please, does anyone know how to do it? Thank you!!!


EDIT: To take a look to the parameters of the CORDIC block see this question: System Generator: How to configure the CORDIC divider block. Understanding the block parameters


enter image description here



Answer



From the latency on the cordic block, that looks as if you've chosen to use a single processing element - that will produce results of limited accuracy. Very limited it appears :)


I tried using 10 elements for example, with [zeros (1,9) 1] for the "latency per processing element" - to get back to your 21 tick latency. Making sure I ran the simulation long enough (oops), I then got a result (using UFixed_16_11 inputs) of 0.501953125. Which is closer...



Does that help?


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...