Wednesday 12 July 2017

power supply - What would be the input current of buck regulator


I have a basic question about measuring input current. The buck regulator I have chosen is rated to deliver 3.3V/2A from +12V input. My question is -


Is the input current 2A (load current) + few mA (needs for operation)?


Or because of stepdown from 12V to 3.3V, based on load current, the input current is 500mA + few mA?


Is the 2A output current taken entirely from the input or step down conversion delivers 2A after consuming few mA.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...