Thursday 13 July 2017

adc - Using the raspberry pi to measure multiple electrical circuits


I am looking to use the raspberry pi to measure the power consumption of multiple household electronics and record the information to analyze later on. However, I'm not sure if it's possible to connect as many devices as I would like to the Pi (up to 40). So far, I've done a little research on my own and found an 8-channel, 10-bit ADC (http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/MCP3008.pdf) which seems promising. However, to be able to connect 40 devices, I would need 5 of these and some way of multiplexing the 10bit output.


This is where I'm currently stuck. I'm not sure what the best way is to pull the potential 50bit output into the raspberry pi. Perhaps I could use a number of shift registers connected in series? Would this work or is there a better solution?


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...