Friday 14 July 2017

operational amplifier - Is the cut-off frequency for each high order butterworth filter the same or different?


From reading I see that I can calculate my cut-off frequency for a given Butterworth filter using the equations below. Let's say then that I have a 8th order filter, and I'm going to make it out of four stages. Do I calculate the cut-off frequency once using n = 8? Or do I calculate a different cut-off frequency for each stage i.e., n=2, n=4, n=6, n=8?


This is what I can't wrap my head around yet, are all my stages the same or does each one need slightly different gain and frequency settings to achieve my final response?


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...