Monday 22 May 2017

Mains doorbell to Arduino


I'm an electronics noob and I'm looking to create a doorbell which hooks in to an Arduino board in order to alert me when I don't hear the doorbell. I've read 'Software alert when doorbell rings. Doable?' and this looks like it's going to put me on the right tracks, but I need a hand in figuring out what doorbell I should buy and how to wire that to the Arduino board without damaging it or me.


I'm looking at buying a doorbell like this (but not specifically this). I would like the doorbell to keep on working alongside the Arduino board. But I'm such a novice that I don't even know the correct questions to ask beyond that. I don't know if it matters but I live in the UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...