Tuesday 9 May 2017

Coax Impedance Explanation


I have been trying for a while to understand Coaxial Cable impedances for ham radio etc. use. I only know what it is not though.





  • Coaxial Cable does not measure the rated impedance from one end to the other




  • Coaxial Cable does not act like a load itself at the rated impedance, they may loose some power to heat, but they mainly carry the signal to the antenna (or whatever other load)




So, what is a coaxial cable impedance rating, and why can't I use a 75 ohm in place of a 50 ohm on the output of my transmitter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...