Monday 8 May 2017

In a multiplexer, can you direct the input into all the outputs at the same time?


I need to direct a single line into multiple outputs, so I'm using a MUX to direct the input into the desired outputs (one at a time). However if i ever wanted to do a broadcast to all my output lines at the same time, is there any MUX which allows it ? Can I connect the input to ALL the outputs directly? Thanks in advance



Answer



The functionality you appear to require appears to be serviced by what is called a cross-point switch. Usually they have several inputs and several outputs that form an open matrix. Loading a specific code word can connect one input to several outputs simultaneously. They are rarer than multiplexers but they do exist.


enter image description here


The part is shown in this question answered by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...