Thursday 25 May 2017

pcb design - How do I look at all the footprints in a KiCAD library?


In the KiCAD PCBnew layout editor, is there some way to see what a footprint looks like before I place it? Or am I forced to select a footprint that has a plausible-sounding (ASCII text) name, place it, and then afterwards delete it and start over ... until I find the right one?


How do I look at all the footprints in a footprint library without laboriously selecting one, placing it, going "That's not what I wanted", through the whole list?


I would be happy with any one of



  • a quick way generate .pdf of all the footprints in the library

  • a quick way to generate a "dummy PCB" with every footprint in the library


  • somehow show each footprints one by one, with at most a single arrow-key to get to the next one (like the KiCAD EESchema schematic editor, when I place a schematic symbol I can see what it looks like before I place it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...