Tuesday 9 May 2017

sensitivity - Estimating the adequate ADC resolution given a sensor resolution


A force traducer has a resolution of 0.0625N. And the analog output sensitivity is 32N/V. So I calculate the voltage output resolution as 0.0625/32 which is around 2mV.


If this signal now is sampled by an ADC with an effective resolution of 0.5mV or 4mV what would be the benefits or disadvantages? What would be the advantage of going better ADC resolution or disadvantage going lower ADC resolution?


(I'm neglecting any other external noise)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...