Friday 24 February 2017

Understanding the circuit diagram on a filter


I have a filter that has these on it:


Funk-Entstörfilter    
Drossel

250V~2A HPF F11.180/4
8.84 W Germany 565-3

Front Back


I also added a picture. In the picture, you can see that there is a circuit diagram, however I can't understand this diagram. In example, how the capacitors are connected? Do these lines that connects inductors mean that they are coupled? I don't know much about it but can they be common mode chokes?


Can you convert this into a schematic that I can understand?



Answer



Funk-Entstörfilter = RFI suppression filter
Drossel = Choke


The lines connecting the top and bottom coils indicate that they're coupled, i.e. wound on the same core, often a toroidal core. The strange capacitor symbol indicates a double capacitor, 2400pF from either side to ground (you have to connect ground for the filter to work properly)



Note: the German word "Funk", meaning radio; refers to "spark" ("Funke"), which derives from the first wireless application: the telegraph.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...