Wednesday 16 March 2016

voltage - Electrical Characteristic of a piezo buzzer


I stumbled upon this piezo buzzer and I don't know how to interpret its specifications. What's the difference between



Rated Voltage (Vp-p Square Wave): 5Vp-p


and


Operating Voltage: 1 to 20 Vp-p


?



Answer



The rated voltage, 5V p-p, is the voltage at which parameters such as current and sound output are valid. The operating voltage gives the maximum and minimum supply voltages. Below 1V the sound output is probably too low to be useful, and above 20V the unit is liable to be damaged. The specification could be clearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...