Saturday 12 March 2016

mosfet - BLDC Current Driver Encountering Current Problems


The attached Schematic uses 6 N Channel Power Mosfets "IRL3303". I have wound my inrunner bldc motor with 180 windings per phase using a 26 Gauge Magnetic Wire. My motor is a 6 pole 2 magnets machine. The encountered problem is defined below.


3 Phase Current Driver Schematic


Q. The mosfet being used has a Vgs Threshold as 1V. Arduino outputs are being used to power the mosfets(state-machine). Even at 15V VCC the drawn current by the motor is around 0.6AMPS. I have checked the winding connections seperately and it draws 2Amps at around 3-4V. My resistance per phase is around 5ohm and inductance 1.5mH. I have no clue how to fix it. Your input would be really appreciated. Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...