Tuesday 29 March 2016

diodes - Why current appears at reverse bias?


I am simulating time-domain graphs of a Schottky diode model.


enter image description here


I am expecting ~zero current at the negative half cycle. But I am seeing negative current. It's only about 3mA, but based on I-V curve, it is about 0. Does anyone have an idea what might go wrong?


enter image description here enter image description here



diode model:(from datasheet) Is=30e15 Rs=8 N=1.05 Tg=1e-9 Cjo=0.1e-12 Vj=1 M=0.5 Fc=0.95 BV=5 IBV=1e-5 Eg=0.69



Answer



At that frequency you have this...


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...