Thursday 31 March 2016

Parallel 18650 battery pack voltage not stepping-up with Boost converter. Why?


I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to ask!



I have assembled a 6P 18650 battery pack out using Samsung 25R cells, soldered altogether with Nickel strips, effectively giving me 3.7V 15Ah.


I want to increase the voltage, so I hooked it up to a "XL6009 boost converter" module and also on a "250W 10A boost converter" module, both of which would not allow me to go anywhere near or above 5V!


This has lead me scratching my head and pulling hair out, as I do not understand why this is happening. Both lower and higher end modules are not able to "do the job", leaving me very confused. I was wondering if anyone might know why this is the case? And what would I have to do if I want to step-up to 7-10V??


Thanks and I look forward hearing back!




Do you think it's simply because the input voltage is too low??




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...