Saturday 5 March 2016

oscillator - Colpitts not oscillating as expected


I have tried to mount a Colpitts oscillator twice and its oscillation is not the expected. I get like 13 MHz oscillation when expected 50MHz using the following schematic:



Colpitts Oscillator used


When I change the Inductor value it doesn't appear to change. That's why I thought it could be an effect of the parasitic capacitances, as I'm using the following board to mount it: ´


Board used (don't really know the name of it)


Any thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...