Tuesday 31 October 2017

PCB thickness to be used as usb


I wanted to avoid using a soldered usb plug, and add copper pads directly onto my board to act as a usb plug.


USB PCB


Now I wanted to know how thick the board should be, in order to have a snug fit in any USB port.




Answer



I have a commercial version of what you are trying to build:


enter image description here


I measured the thickness at the end where the pads are with a pair of digital calipers, and it is 2.20 mm. The blue and black sections of plastic are flush with each other, there is no lip although there appears to be one in the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...