Friday 20 October 2017

Broken lock on flat cable connector, can it work without?



I tried to replace the camera unit on my Samsung SM-C101 phone. It is connected to the phone's motherboard with two flat cables, that fasten and un-fasten through a little switch in the connector.


You can see the two connectors in the following picture, I circled them in yellow.


Connectors



You can see the little black switches on the left of the connectors. Unfortunately the two switches broke and the flat cables do not stay still. I can fix that with some tape, but my question is:


Without the two black flaps, does the cable make contact anyway? Or does it need to be pressed?


I'm asking this because the new replacement camera unit does not work. It pops in an out (it is a zoom lens) but then I get a "Camera error" message.


The main culprit are of course these connectors, I'd like to know more about how they work.


Thank you very much for your help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...